Installing your UbiCar Device
How it works.
Locating your Diagnostic Port.
If you have any problems locating your Diagnostic Port, most manufacturers have instructions online. Google “[car make and model] + Diagnostic Port location”
Connecting your UbiCar Device to the App.
- Navigate to the UbiCar Insurance App on your smartphone. Log in to the App with the same email address you purchased the policy with.
- Open the Profile tab in the app and select the ‘Connect OBD device’ menu option.
- On the ‘Setting up your device’ page, select the vehicle you wish to register the UbiCar Device with. If you don’t see your rego number or vehicle name, please ensure you have used the same email to register with the App as you did to purchase your policy.
- Connect the UbiCar Device to the Diagnostic Port in your vehicle. The Diagnostic Port is normally located below the dashboard, between the steering wheel and pedals.
- Start your vehicle to power on the UbiCar Device and take a photo of your odometer.
- Follow the remaining steps in the App to connect the device via Bluetooth.
If you have any issues connecting your UbiCar Device, our locally based call centre staff are here to help. You can reach us at email@example.com, chat in the App or website, or call on 1300 UBICAR (1300 824 227).
UbiCar Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 616 438 503; ABN 83 601 223 858; AFSL 469073) PO Box 250, Manly, NSW 1655. Policies are underwritten by RAC Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 59 094 685 882; AFSL 231222). Any advice provided by UbiCar Insurance is general advice only and you should consider if it suits your needs. Please read the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide before you buy this insurance.
Product Disclosure Statement | Premium & Excess Guide | Direct Debit Form